Friday 9 September 2011

Putting Essex on the Fashion Map

Although I am an Essex girl myself I have always been one of those people who when on holiday tell people I am from London 'Just outside, more East London'. Being just a short train ride away I have always preferred to spend time in London be it shopping or just hanging out.

I hate acrylic nails, hair extensions and fake boobs, wear minimal make-up, and despise that whole WAG look. You're more likely to see me in my DM's or Nike high tops than heels.
I remember watching the first episode of TOWIE and cringing and being more embarrassed than ever. Mean while it seemed that the rest of the nation were embracing it, and were maybe even a little bit jel of us Essex folk.

However, since I have started working at Ella Tino, my perceptions have started to change, we recently became official sponsors of Essex Fashion Week and last Friday held at a Catwalk show at Faces in Gants Hill and it was so much fun.

I am lucky in that I finally got a job loving what I do, right now I am covering everything from PR, to styling shoots and shows, having the freedom to choose the music I want for the catwalks, blogging, having a say in what we buy and put on the website to menial tasks such as uploading content on the site.
Meeting and working alongside founders of EFW who also featured on TOWIE Simon and Adam Ryan has been great (and they are all really nice people too).
So next time I am asked 'Where are you from?' I will reply proudly 'Essex'. Amy Childs is in Vogue don't you know!




 The lovely Ella Tino models - all clothes can be bought here.





 With Simon and Adam Ryan
Meeting the lovely Diversity 

No comments:

Post a Comment